Skip to main content

Topic: First hosting company (Read 105 times) previous topic - next topic
First hosting company
My first hosting company was Hostrivers, now the company has been sold. It was not so good, had downtimes and speed was okay.

First hosting company
Reply #1
My first hosting company was actually 000webhost because I was quite young and wasn't able to fund any paid hosting services. It wasn't the best and honestly, I would never touch free hosting again after some of my previous experiences with them.

First hosting company
Reply #2
For starters it is fine to use free hosting as it is the learning period about hosting. But if you are serious about your project and wanted a good service. Paid is the one we should choose.

Re: First hosting company
Reply #3
When I had decided to start an online business with a blog, I used free hosting including blogspot service and google website builder. Now they are not maintained by me but I think few of those are still running.

Finally I started a blog with TLD and wanted to start own web hosting company but it is possible with low money.

My first web hosting service provider was ewallhost, I am still using it. They provided me low-cost hosting service which is now I think has increased little but okay for me.

Reply #4
Ewall host haven’t heard about them, are they from India and how is their support?

Reply #5

Ewall host haven’t heard about them, are they from India and how is their support?
 Indian company and support were average for me. I do not need very high support, so okay for me.

I never heard any negative review for them as there are many negative...for godaddy.

Experienced downtime for a day within a year...not many issues for a blog. I like their interface more than hostingraja.

Reply #6
Nice then, i used one Indian hosting it had numerous downtime and the website loading speed was bad.

Reply #7
Which one was it @Jason‍ ?

Reply #8
It was hostrivers and the company is no more. It has been sold to a new party.

Reply #9
Yes, there are Indian hosting services providing low-cost hosting services and of course, they will have no good quality. I also think the staff is not dedicated to their jobs.

Possible their plans and business strategies are not good and not for a long time benefit.

There are some micro hosts which allow you to host for 100 INR or less per month. Who will need of it, and would the quality of the site...

Reply #10
These type of hostings can be used for a month to experience what a hosting will be like. Once you are good with it you can switch to reputed hosting company.

Reply #11
They are mostly resellers trying to make some money. That is all they care about.

Reply #12
True, get a good reseller hosting package and sell it to as many users they can for low price.

Reply #13
It is not that they are all scammers. Some really fall apart while trying to survive.

Reply #14
Reselling is a good idea but I think a lot of people underestimate the costs and how hard it is to find clients which results in them having to close down.